Sunday, August 5, 2012

Designer Showcase

Welcome Welcome!
Carol here, and today I've got some fun stuff to share with you ;)

There is so much inspiration out there in the scrapping world to be had and so I thought it was high time I tried a few new things. 

Our August kit is filled with the gorgeous new Carta Bella Beautiful papers.  Included in the kit were some fun rosettes and flowers.  It is a beautiful shabby chic collection.  Now this is a little bit out of my usual comfort zone, I'm typically a little more eclectic and whimsy in my taste.  But I love the colors and patterns in this collection and wanted to make them conform to my style.  

A fun way to show lots of pattern is to create a pie chart.  I've seen them done quite a bit but had never tried one myself.

So for my layout I started off with a pie chart using my favorite papers.  This may look totally random, but having never made one I decided a practice set was in order.  I took a white piece of paper and practiced cutting that out first before I started with my PP.  I attached all my pieces to a white piece of paper so I could move it around while planning my layout.


I also wanted to incorporate the different flowers but still wanted to keep my layout a little more edgy, a little less frilly.  To do that I decided to channel my inner Gina and try some paint.  I love the look she creates with paint and I though it would add the perfect touch.

I had never done this before but it was super easy.  Just throw down a bit of paint and use an old credit card to spread it around.


I added a few strips of paper, set my pie chart and created a pretty little collection of dainty things around the base of my photo.

To add a little more edge to the layout I threw in some random stitching around my pie chart and then some below my floral collection.



I was really happy with how it all turned out.  Took some elements that were a little out of my comfort zone, threw in a few new techniques and created a layout that is ME but new and beautiful all at the same time!

Won't you join me in trying some new things and incorporating them into your style to make it all uniquely you????  It's fun I promise ;)

0 comments: