Tuesday, February 21, 2012

moving in circles... (Feb technique challenge)

Hello there! This month's technique challenge was inspired by fellow Aussie scrapper Leeann Pearce and her gorgeous layout here.. I just loved the punched/folded circles Leeann made..I've been seeing similar things pop up around the place lately so I thought I'd share my own take on them...



I've used a 1 1/4" circle punch and punched out 2 circles each from 3 different pattern papers in this month's kit..


choose which side of the paper you want on the outside, then fold in four 'sides' of the circle a small amount as shown in the photo..making a basic square shape..it doesn't need to be perfect..


sew a button into the centre of each folded circle then stick the matching paper circle..


and voilĂ !.. you can also machine stitch a horizontal and vertical line through the circle as Leeann has done or leave as is.. I think these would look great on a card and they're a good way to use up paper scraps.. You could also distress the edges of the circles for a different effect.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you find time to have a go at these, don't forget to share your creations in this post.. if you do!

best wishes,
Ginax

4 comments:

Andrea Amu said...

Great project!
I adore those circles and want to try them out... tfs!

Mag said...

What a good idea !!
Beautiful LO !

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Gina, going to try them out today.

danni reid. said...

love these gina, beautiful tutorial!