Saturday, July 28, 2012

July Altered Project Class

Hi Everyone! I am excited to share my first altered project with you.

This was the inspiration for my project...while staying at one of the hotels on vacation, I saw this mirror and took a photo of it.
When I got home, I remembered I had this $2 mirror I had picked up at Target awhile ago and I knew it would be perfect.
I measured the width around the mirror.
Then cut out several strips of pattern paper from the July kit.
Grabbed my stylus (a pencil would work too) and started rolling the paper.
Trimmed it.
Then using a really good quick dry glue, I held it together until it stayed.
Now I grabbed my supplies and sat in the kitchen with the family while I rolled (and my family got a little creative with me too)
Once I had enough rolls to fill up the frame, I placed them where I wanted them, and glued them all down.
I could have stopped there, but I didn't...I added the garland from the July kit to the mirror, using the same Zip Dry glue.
The last two things I did, were fussy cut a flower from the pattern paper, stitched around it, added a button and twine on top. And using some wire, I cut these leaves with the silhouette, then cut several notches in it to resemble a feather...glued under the flower and twisted it where I liked it. That was a last minute inspiration from all of the feathers that I saw from the CHA photos.
I really enjoyed altering this mirror. I wish I had bought more of them. The papers really dressed this up. Hope you find some inspiration from this!