Thursday, June 21, 2012

Celebrate Summer Challenge: Pretty patterns and layers

Hi this is my first post here on the Nook blog and I would like to share my challenge for the ongoing Summer Crop. 
I hope you are enjoying our challenges and are playing along as much as you can. My fellow designers have thought of so many nice prompts for scrappy projects and you can find all the challenges in the Forum.

 In Summer we enjoy wearing light weight clothes in flimsy materials. We like pretty dresses in fabrics with pretty patterns on them.

I would like you to make a layout that has at least two patterned papers and some fabric on it.
I am looking for some lovely layering here. Can't wait to see what you come up with! 

 This is what made...although I got so carried away with the layering and patterns that I almost forgot to add the fabric,...lol!



I used lots of patterned papers and pulled themall from the same collection to make matching easy.
I think I have eight layers on this page. -And I could have added more....How many will you have?


For fabric I used a nice textured kind that I cut inteo small banners. I put some on each side of the photo.


And in this last close up I am trying to show you some of the layers I added. I love the dimension it adds to a layout!!


That's all from me! Hoping to see many of you participate now that summer is here and we hopefully have some more free time.

I will offer a small RAK to the 'winner' I pick.

Make sure you post your layout in the gallery and in the MB thread.

Deadline is Sunday, August 12 at 11:59 pm PST

 Hugs!

1 comments:

Sherri said...

Bente this is lovely, such a departure from your usual style, and yet still so striking. Is there any style you haven't mastered?!