Sunday, June 17, 2012

June Technique Challenge

I am a twine addict...I love to tie off finished projects or use it to make bows on buttons.  This month, yellow and orange Jillibean Soup twine is featured in the kit.  I decided to put mine to use in a different way!

I used the twine to jazz up one of the corrugated cardboard house shapes that are also featured in the kit.  This is what it looks like:


To make your own thread covered shape, simply grab some liquid glue, dab a little onto the shape and start stringing around and around.  I punched the door out prior to stringing so that you could really see the twine when it was done!

Here is the layout:



I hope you will consider using your twine in a different way~be sure to share any ideas you come up with over on the boards at the Nook!

Happy creating!
Stacey

2 comments:

olga said...

I love twine too!!! Amazing layout!

Bente Fagerberg said...

What a fun way to use twine. You rock Stacey!!