Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Featured Cardie - Heather Robertson

It's a new month..and it's time to welcome another fabulous featured cardie!!..this time around it's Heather Robertson from Anchorage, Alaska!..


Heather has kindly answered a few questions for us here:

*How long have you been making cards?
I would say about 3 years ago I started making cards that I was happy with. The process finally clicked. I'm still a sloooow card maker and sometimes my ideas just don't translate to paper. Sometimes, everything just falls into place

*Can you describe your cardmaking style?
Like my scrapbooking, I think my card style is all over the place. Sometimes, very simple, sometimes more elaborate or even shabby chic. I love to create shaped cards and try out new techniques.

*Where do you find your inspiration?
Since finding Scrapbook Nook there's no shortage of inspiration. I also love to check out cards made for challenges at Moxie Fab World

*What embellishments and techniques do you love to use?
I love to stitch and use a lot of dies , punches, buttons and twine

*What is your favourite colour combination?
I love playing with color, probably my favorite colors are different tones of blues.-, especially against black

*What other paper crafts do you enjoy doing?
I love to make layouts and sometimes dabble in altered canvases. My next project will be an encaustic piece

and here's a selection of Heather's GORGEOUS cards..





You can see more of Heather's creations on her BLOG
Thanks so much for sharing Heather!
Gina

3 comments:

danni reid. said...

awesome cards heather, loved reading more about you and what a great picture!!!

Carol said...

these are really beautiful Heather. thanks for joining us this month.

Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous cards!! thanks for sharing your awesome work with us :)
//Katarina